Who to Contact with Questions/Concerns/Feedback?
Office of the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Legal Affairs: email@example.com
The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) online training is an interactive course covering the basics of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) for all faculty, staff, and students. The training focuses broadly on defining key terms from within the regulations and outlining what actions are required or permitted under FERPA.
Here are the instructions on accessing the FERPA Training.
- Open the browser Firefox or Chrome, navigate to owltrain.kennesaw.edu
- Login using NetID and NetID Password
- Click in the Search box (top right) and type FERPA
- Click Select (left of the Search box)
- In the Select box, located under Type, click the checkbox next to Custom and click Done
- Click the Magnifier (Search) icon (right of the Search box)
- You will see the training labeled FERPA Training v6
U.S. Department of Education Website
American Association of Collegiate Registrar’s and Admissions Officers
The AACRAO FERPA Guide (LeRoy Rooker)
FERPA for Faculty e-brochurePrivacy Technical Assistance Center-FAQ- Disclosure Avoidance
Policy Security Portal: Information Technology, KSU Data Security Policy
USG Information Technology Handbook 2.9, Section 5.7
The Georgia Open Records Act
Open Records Requests